This form is required for freshmen applicants that complete the SUNY Undergraduate Application. This form is optional for all transfer students, and applicants completing the electronic Common Application. Please complete and submit it within two weeks from when you receive the “Application Acknowledgement” brochure in the mail from us.
Note: You will be able to access the supplemental application once your application has been processed and received in the SUNY Cortland Admissions Office. It may take two to three weeks after you have mailed or submitted your online application for you to gain access to the supplemental application.
Information to gather before beginning the supplemental application:
- Parent / Guardian information such as: colleges attended, last level of education completed, employer information.
- Names and information about relatives that might have attended SUNY Cortland.
- Names and information about relatives that might have been employed by SUNY Cortland.
- Applicant's current courses in progress.
- List of any honors, awards or other distinctions you have received.
- List of any extracurricular activities or employment in which you were involved.
- Essay or personal statement. You will be able to type or copy and paste your essay or personal statement in a space provided on the supplemental application.
The essay should tell us more about yourself and should include information such as your interests, and circumstances which may have affected your academic performance, or individuals, or events, which may have had a significant impact on your life.
- Teacher / Counselor Evaluation Form (PDF) or Letters of recommendations should be mailed directly to:
P.O. Box 2000
Cortland, NY 13045
Tips on maneuvering through the online supplemental application:
- Gather all the information suggested prior to beginning the application.
- If you do not complete the application you can always sign in again at a later time. The application saves automatically once you click continue then you can just close the browser to exit.
- Prior to finalizing your supplemental application you will have the opportunity to review all of your data entered. If you finalize accidentally there is no need to worry, you can reenter at any time and re-submit.