GFEC Minutes 11/14/2007
Members Present: Lynn Anderson, Dan Driscoll, Nicole Fredericks, Ellen Jampole, Joy Mosher, Ellen Paterson, Donna Videto, Jeff Walkuski
Ex Officio members Present: Yvonne Murnane
Members Absent: Nancy Aumann, Donna Margine (ex officio)
Empty Seat: #2 Eng/Hist/ICC
1. Minutes: Approved the minutes from 10-19-07 by consensus
2. Student Representative: Nicole Fredericks, graduate student in Physical Education (Adaptive PE) and graduate assistant was introduced as the student representative to the GFEC.
3. Program Review: As decided by consensus in the previous meeting, the GFEC will not develop a procedure for program review, but will collect and summarize information received from graduate programs and provide a summary to the Provost. Jeff Walkuski will develop a matrix to summarize information, which will include a section for any comments sent by graduate program coordinators. The matrix will be circulated to members, for comments/suggestions.
����������� ����� Information/documentation received from graduate programs, so far was
� ��������� ������distributed, for review by members. In the next meeting, the committee will
����������� ����� complete the matrix (on a laptop) for program materials received, so far. The
����������� ������ process will continue as more information is submitted.
4. New continuous enrollment course: No action until Donna Margine can attend, to contribute to the discussion (per her request). The course proposal (to be implemented for new students entering F 08) will follow normal curriculum procedure. Lynn Anderson volunteered to do the new course proposal.
5. Seat Two: (Eng/Hist/ICC/PSY): Jeff will follow up with Wes Weaver regarding a possible replacement for him.
����������������������� The Committee needs to revise the bylaws:
� Correct Seat Two, since Psychology no longer has a graduate program.
� Change the annual call and review of applications for graduate faculty status to a rolling call and review, fall and spring.
6. Course Schedule: A Question was raised regarding posting winter and summer classes before contracts are signed. This has been problematic (both sides) in the past. It is not a concern for GFEC.
7. Next meetings: November 28th, 3:00, Miller 228: December 5th,
� Report and completion of program review matrix, so far.
� Please send spring schedule to Jeff Walkuski so he can determine a spring semester meeting.
Respectfully submitted: Joy Mosher (note taker of the day).