Get involved with the Community Bike Project
Thank you for your interest in the project. Anyone at SUNY Cortland can be a part of the Community Bike Project. Whether you are a student, faculty or staff, here are some ways you can be a part of this great project:
- Bike Mechanic: Volunteer your time to help with bike maintenance and refurbishing donated bikes.
- Bike Designer and Painter: Volunteer your time to design and paint new yellow bikes.
- Bike Advocate: Volunteer your time rounding up lost or damaged bikes, looking out for the bikes, educating others about the project, etc.
- Work the Bike Shop: Volunteer your time to help check-out and check-in Yellow Bikes to the campus community.
- Donate: Donate a bike. The bike project will always be in need of bikes, tools, and other bike related items.
- Be involved: Help keep the community bikes safe. If you see someone abusing a bike or riding it off campus, stop them and help enforce the guidelines of the project.
- Organize a fundraiser: Student groups and clubs can organize and run a fundraiser on behalf of the Community Bike Project. Check out the Donate page to download the CBP Fundraiser Tool Kit, a great resource that can help you organize and run a successful fundraiser.
Tell your friends about the project and talk them into getting involved.
Get involved now. Email us at: email@example.com